The Lubowski family said they wanted the murderers to be brought to trial.
Speaking on behalf of the late Lubowski's parents, children and sister, his former wife Gabrielle told The Namibian they wanted the killers to face trial and not another inquest.
"So far the findings of the first inquest have been ignored. We don't want another inquest. We want the men who were implicated in plotting his murder to be put on trial," Mrs Lubowski said from Pretoria.
The inquest starts on February 9 and is expected to last for four days, according to the Windhoek High Court roll. Senior advocate Kobus Miller will be the prosecutor.
Mrs Lubowski said the family wanted Irish mercenary Donald Acheson and Civil Co-operation Bureau operatives Ferdi Barnard, Chappie Marais, Calla Botha, Slang van Zyl, Joe Verster, Staal Burger, Wouter Basson and Johan Niemoller, who were all implicated during the first inquest, to stand trial.
At the conclusion of the first inquest in 1995 Judge Harold Levy found that Acheson, hired by the CCB, assassinated Lubowski.
Levy also found that former CCB managing director Joe Verster and the other CCB operatives were prima facie accomplices in the murder.
In January 1996 Prosecutor-General Hans Heyman announced that he would reopen the inquest into Lubowski's murder because there was insufficient evidence to warrant the institution of a prosecution against any of the persons implicated by Levy.
Heyman said he would propose to the judicial officer, Judge Nic Hannah, that certain witnesses be recalled and that other witnesses in South Africa be subpoenaed.
Mrs Lubowski said: "Judge Levy's findings are being ignored. We don't know why. Are there people in high positions who are scared of what might come out because these people (the killers) were only used and they have nothing to lose when they come out with the truth?"
She denied allegations that her former husband was a South African spy. "To accuse such a man of being a spy is outrageous. It is like believing that Mahatma Gandhi was an agent of the British Empire or that Steve Biko was a member of the South African security forces."
The Prosecutor-General's office does not yet have a clear idea on who will testify at the second inquest. There is also no certainty on whether the CCB operatives or Acheson, detained shortly after the killing, will be present.