TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION COMMISSION
APPLICATION IN TERMS OF SECTION 18 OF THE PROMOTION OF NATIONAL UNITY AND RECONCILIATION ACT, NO.34 OF 1995.
ELEANOR JANETTE KASRILS APPLICANT
The Applicant, ELEANOR JANETTE KASRILS is GRANTED amnesty in terms of Act No. 34 of 1995 for her involvement in the following acts:
1. Bomb explosion at Central Post Office Durban during December 1962;
2. Theft of Dynamite, near Marionhill, Durban, during 1962 or 1963;
3. Destruction of electricity pylons near Pinetown, Durban, during 1962 or 1963;
4. Bomb explosion at Security Branch offices, Baker street Durban, during 1962 or 1963;
5. Escape from custody at Fort Napier, Pietermaritzburg, during September 1963;
6. Illegal crossing of border to Botswana, during 1963;
which are found to be acts associated with a political objective as defined by the Act, and which fall within the ambit of the Act, committed or authorised by her during the period 1962 to 1963 as a member of the African National Congress and on its behalf.
This amnesty does not include any gross violation of human rights.
SIGNED ON THIS DAY OF 2000.