Mr Fhedzisani Pandelani (Acting for a period of 24 months as from 2 Apr 2020) *See Media Statement
Tel: 012 406 4780
Tel: 012 406 4782, Email: n/a
Office Manger: Thabitha Ramohlale, Tel: 012 406 4879, Cell: 078 511 6657, Email: TRamohlale@justice.gov.za
Coordination of all State Attorney Offices.
Coordination and management of all litigation in which the State is involved.
Creation and implementation of policies which attend to;
• the briefing of advocates;
• the outsourcing of legal work, including the instruction of correspondent attorneys;
• initiating, defending and opposing of matters; and
• implementation of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms of litigation against the State, which must be observed by all persons appointed in the offices of State Attorney.
* The creation of effective legal process.
* The promoting of co-operation between RSA and other countries with a view of enhancement of reciprocal Legislation, the conclusion of international conventions which will promote uniformity in the administration of justice.
Raymond Venkatsamy (Acting)
Tel: 012 315 4636
Fax: 012 357 8017
Directorate: Legal Process
Directorate: Law Enforcement
* Provision of professional and administrative management.
* Monitor and manage the implementation of strategic and operational plan.
* Evaluation and implementation of quality management system.
Directorate: Quality Management
Directorate: Operations Management
* The Drafting and managing of contracts on behalf of the State.
* The handling of criminal and civil litigation cases instituted against State officials and committed by means of acts or omissions while executing their official duties.
* The handing of applications form qualifying personnel for admission as advocates for the High Court.
* The handling of applications for admission as practicing attorney
* The regulation and overseeing of the conduct of private attorneys operating under the State Attorney Act.
State Attorney Offices (x 13)
View contact details for the State Attorney offices