Welcome to the Master of the High Court
Welcome to the Master of the High Court. The Master's Branch is there to serve the public in respect of Deceased Estates, Liquidations (Insolvent Estates), Registration of Trusts, Tutors and Curators, as well as Administration of the Guardian's Fund (minors and mentally challenged persons).
The Master has wide interaction with members of the public and practitioners and the dealings of the Master have an impact on the economy. The Master's Office has five main divisions. They all strive to protect the financial interests of persons whose assets or interests are, for various reasons, being managed by others.
- 2013.12.05: Master JHB: Records of Accounts (01-30 Nov)
- 2013.12.04: Master Durban: Records of Accounts (25-29 Nov)
- 2013.11.25: Master PMB: Records of Accounts (18-22 Nov)
- 2013.10.25: Master Cape Town: Records of Accounts (26 Aug-14 Oct)
- 2013.10.21: Problems accessing the ICMS Web Portal
- 2013.10.11: Guardian's Fund List of unclaimed monies published in Sep 2013
- 2013.09.25: Master Durban: Records of Accounts (09-20 Sep)
- 2013.09.12: Contact details for the new Dullah Omar Building, Master of the High Court: Cape Town
- 2013.03.27: FAQ on how to access the Guardian’s Fund and MOVIT Sites
- 2013.03.20: New interest rate for the Guardian's Fund: 5.5% for the period 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014
MASTER OF THE HIGH COURT'S INTEGRATED CASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ICMS) WEB PORTAL
The ICMS Masters connects more than 400 magistratesí offices (deceased estate service points) and all 14 of the Masters´ Offices. The ICMS Web Portal makes available information held by the Masters´ Offices as from the year 2008. Follow this link to register and view the portal: https://icmsweb.justice.gov.za/mastersinformation
Follow this link to view the User Manual [1.25mb]
Please follow the following steps to enable cookies In internet Explorer:
1. Click Tools on the menu
2. Click Internet Options
3. Click the Privacy Tab, located at the Top.
4. Click the button named Sites
5. In the address of website text box type in justice.gov.za then click Allow
6. Click Ok
7. Click Ok
8. Close Internet explorer then click on the following link: https://icmsweb.justice.gov.za/mastersinformation
You should now only enter the mathematical question once and be able to proceed.
If you experience any further difficulties, please contact Ms M Wheeler (MWheeler@justice.gov.za), ISM System Support.
The Masters Office Web Portal is best viewed using Mircrosoft IE8+, Google Chrome Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Opera at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
Trust Registrations and Amendments at Pretoria Masters Office Notice:
For new Trust Registrations and Amendments to these newly registered
Trusts that have been captured on the new ICMS Masters Trust system, please
complete the new eForms available at the following link: http://www.justice.gov.za/master/forms.html
Please note that these forms will not apply to previously registered trusts.
Newly registered trusts will always have a Unique Reference Number (URN).
The new forms are marked in RED under the heading of “TRUSTS - PILOT
These documents will become compulsory once the system is confirmed as
approved by the Chief Master at a date to be confirmed.
Please bear with us while we are piloting this system.
Follow this link to view the data captured through the MASETI project on Estates, Trusts, Insolvencies and Guardian/ Curators.
MASETI (Part 1): Thohoyandou, Umtata, Polokwane, Bhisho, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Mmabatho, Kimberley, Grahamstown, Johannesburg & Pietermaritzburg
MASETI (Part 2): Bloemfontein, Cape Town & Pretoria
The Master's Branch is currently investigating methods to deliver a more efficient and effective service to the public through
the internet. Should you have any suggestions or comments to enable us to render a more efficient information service, kindly
contact the Webmaster
Enquiries/Customer Care: firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: 012 406 4805, Fax: 086 5444 893