Welcome to the Master of the High Court
Welcome to the Master of the High Court. The Master's Branch is there to serve the public in respect of Deceased Estates, Liquidations (Insolvent Estates), Registration of Trusts, Tutors and Curators, as well as Administration of the Guardian's Fund (minors and mentally challenged persons).
The Master has wide interaction with members of the public and practitioners and the dealings of the Master have an impact on the economy. The Master's Office has five main divisions. They all strive to protect the financial interests of persons whose assets or interests are, for various reasons, being managed by others.
- 2014.04.24: Invite to Comment on the proposed amendment to Policy on Appointment of Insolvency Practitioners
- 2014.04.24: Master PMB: Records of Accounts (11-18 Apr)
- 2014.04.17: Master JHB: Records of Accounts (03-31 Mar)
- 2014.04.17: Master Durban: Records of Accounts (14-18 Apr)
- 2014.03.26: Interest rate in the Guardians Fund for 2014/2015 is 7.25%
- 2014.03.12: Progress Update on the implementation of the Policy on Appointment of Insolvency Practitioners
- 2014.03.07: Chief Master's Directive 3 of 2014 - Monitoring of the implementation of the policy on the appointment of Insolvency Practitioners
- 2014.03.07: Chief Master's Directive 1 and 2 of 2014 - Policy on Appointment of Insolvency Practitioners & Master's Representation at Insolvency Proceedings
- 2014.02.24: Policy on the appointment of Liquidators and list of Active Insolvency Practitioners in South Africa
MASTER OF THE HIGH COURT'S INTEGRATED CASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ICMS) WEB PORTAL
The ICMS Masters connects more than 400 magistratesí offices (deceased estate service points) and all 14 of the Masters´ Offices. The ICMS Web Portal makes available information held by the Masters´ Offices as from the year 2008. Follow this link to register and view the portal: https://icmsweb.justice.gov.za/mastersinformation
Follow this link to view the User Manual [1.25mb]
Problems accessing the ICMS Web Portal
Please note the there is a problem with IE10 when accessing ICMS Web Portal (https://icmsweb.justice.gov.za/mastersinformation) due to a compatibility issue.
To fix it open the IE10- and view the page in compatibility mode. To do so you have to click on the broken page that is displayed in the URL bar on top of the page (next to the refresh icon) or click on tools then compatibility view.
You should now only enter the mathematical question once and be able to proceed.
If you experience any further difficulties, please contact Themba Masha (TMasha@justice.gov.za), ISM System Support.
The Masters Office Web Portal is best viewed using Mircrosoft IE8+, Google Chrome Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Opera at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.
Trust Registrations and Amendments at Pretoria Masters Office Notice:
For new Trust Registrations and Amendments to these newly registered
Trusts that have been captured on the new ICMS Masters Trust system, please
complete the new eForms available at the following link: http://www.justice.gov.za/master/forms.html
Please note that these forms will not apply to previously registered trusts.
Newly registered trusts will always have a Unique Reference Number (URN).
The new forms are marked in RED under the heading of “TRUSTS - PILOT
These documents will become compulsory once the system is confirmed as
approved by the Chief Master at a date to be confirmed.
Please bear with us while we are piloting this system.
Follow this link to view the data captured through the MASETI project on Estates, Trusts, Insolvencies and Guardian/ Curators.
MASETI (Part 1): Thohoyandou, Umtata, Polokwane, Bhisho, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Mmabatho, Kimberley, Grahamstown, Johannesburg & Pietermaritzburg
MASETI (Part 2): Bloemfontein, Cape Town & Pretoria
The Master's Branch is currently investigating methods to deliver a more efficient and effective service to the public through
the internet. Should you have any suggestions or comments to enable us to render a more efficient information service, kindly
contact the Webmaster
Enquiries/Customer Care: firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: 012 406 4805, Fax: 086 5444 893