Minister Masutha appoints a new Sheriffs’ Board
01 February 2018
The Minister of Justice and Correctional Services, Advocate Michael Masutha (MP), is pleased to announce that he has appointed the following persons as members of the South African Board for Sheriffs:
- Mr Ignatius Klynsmith: Sheriffs’ profession
- Ms Mmatholo Lephadi: Sheriffs’ profession
- Mr Allan Murugan: Sheriffs’ profession
- Ms Annah Ralehlaka: Sheriffs’ profession,
- Mr Andrew Nkhumise: Sheriffs’ profession
- Adv Hisamodien Mohamed: Department of Justice and Constitutional Development
- Mr Phaswane Mogale: Law Society of South Africa
- Mr Lesiba Mashapa: The National Credit Regulator
- Mr Meko Magida: Designated by the Minister
- Ms Khunjulwa Sigenu: Designated by the Minister
- Ms Charmaine Mabuza: Designated by the Minister as Chairperson
The term of office of the new Board will commence on 1 March 2018 for a period of three (3) years. The Minister extends his appreciation to the outgoing members of the Board, whose term will expire on 28 February 2018, for their contribution to the sheriffs’ profession, the justice sector and for obtaining clean audits during their term of office.
One of the sheriffs’ profession’s core values is professionalism. This means that sheriffs are viewed as skilled and knowledgeable professionals, able to assist the public and legal profession so that justice is not only done but, as the maxim says, also seen to be done.
The Minister is confident that the new Board will continue to promote a professional sheriffs’ profession that is both accountable and committed to serving the public, the courts and the legal profession.
Issued by the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development: Media Research and Liaison
Enquiries: Steve Mahlangu
Ministry of Justice and Correctional services
079 878 7587