Transparent, responsive and accountable justice services for all
- Deputy Minister Jeffery to preside over the 5th National Moot Court Competition [09 Oct]
- Upcoming radio interviews [07 Oct]
- Keynote Address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at the Free State Services Fair [07 Oct]
- Upcoming radio interviews [06 Oct]
- New Tender/Bid: RFB 2015/07 [05 Oct]
- Address by Minister Masutha at the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Office of the Family Advocate [05 Oct]
- Justice Department takes services closer to the people in the Free State [05 Oct]
- Address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at the Small Claims Court Gala Dinner and Commissioners’ Long Service Awards [05 Oct]
- Address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at the launch of the Nsikazi Small Claims Court [05 Oct]
- Closing remarks by Deputy Jeffery at the State Attorney Symposium [05 Oct]
- Launch of Nsikazi Small Claims Court brings Justice Department closer to the target [02 Oct]
See our latest updates on our RSS feed.
- Find a court in a proclaimed Magisterial District?
- Lodge a complaint
- Claim maintenance
- Apply for a domestic violence protection order
- Remove/expunge my criminal record
- What is bail?
- Institute proceedings in the equality court?
- What is the Rationalisation of Magisterial Districts?
- What is the NRSO?
- What is restorative justice?
- What are sexual offence crimes?
- Cyber safety tips
- Find info on LGBTI issues
- Bill of Rights
- Acts & Bills & Fact sheets
- GG Notices
- Call for Public Comment
- Rules Board
- Legal Services Charter
- Rules and Practise Directions for various Courts
- Roll of Advocates
The Small Claims Court allows you to institute minor civil claims in a speedy, affordable and simple manner without using an attorney. An amount not exceeding R 15 000 can be claimed.
If your claim exceeds R 15 000 in value, you can institute a claim for a lesser amount to pursue your case in the Small Claims Court.
Anyone, except juristic persons such as Companies, Close Corporations and Associations, may institute a claim.
With the exception of the State, a claim may be instituted against anyone, including Companies, Close Corporations and Associations.More
- Commissioners of Oaths
- Domestic Violence
- TRC Victims