Transparent, responsive and accountable justice services for all
- Upcoming radio/tv interviews [30 Jun]
- Bids received for RFB 2015/02 [29 Jun]
- New vacancies/jobs [29 Jun]
- List of mediators updated [26 Jun]
- Release by President Zuma of the Marikana Report [26 Jun]
- Updated roll of appointed High Court Advocates [25 Jun]
- Deputy Minister encourages fathers to pay maintenance [24 Jun]
- Address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at the Debate in terms of Rule 103 [24 Jun]
- Deputy Minister Jeffery leads a march on Maintenance [23 Jun]
- Updated list of Records of Accounts for Estates [19 Jun]
See our latest updates on our RSS feed.
- Find a court in a proclaimed Magisterial District?
- Lodge a complaint
- Claim maintenance
- Apply for a domestic violence protection order
- Remove/expunge my criminal record
- What is bail?
- Institute proceedings in the equality court?
- What is the Rationalisation of Magisterial Districts?
- What is the NRSO?
- What is restorative justice?
- What are sexual offence crimes?
- Cyber safety tips
- Find info on LGBTI issues
- Bill of Rights
- Acts & Bills & Fact sheets
- GG Notices
- Call for Public Comment
- Rules Board
- Legal Services Charter
- Rules and Practise Directions for various Courts
- Roll of Advocates
The Small Claims Court allows you to institute minor civil claims in a speedy, affordable and simple manner without using an attorney. An amount not exceeding R 15 000 can be claimed.
If your claim exceeds R 15 000 in value, you can institute a claim for a lesser amount to pursue your case in the Small Claims Court.
Anyone, except juristic persons such as Companies, Close Corporations and Associations, may institute a claim.
With the exception of the State, a claim may be instituted against anyone, including Companies, Close Corporations and Associations.More
- Commissioners of Oaths
- Domestic Violence
- TRC Victims