Transparent, responsive and accountable justice services for all
- Upcoming radio interviews [23/7]
- Western Cape region celebrates Mandela Day [22/7]
- New Government Gazettes [22/7]
- Bids received for RFB 2014/02 [22/7]
- Update to the roll of appointed High Court advocates [21/7]
- JHB Magistrate's Court: S86 Court Roll [21/7]
- JHB Magistrate's Court: Motion & Trial Court Roll [18/7]
- New Government Gazettes [18/7]
See our latest updates on our RSS feed.
- Lodge a complaint
- Claim maintenance
- Apply for a domestic violence protection order
- Remove/expunge my criminal record
- What is bail?
- Institute proceedings in the equality court?
- What is the NRSO?
- What is restorative justice?
- What are sexual offence crimes?
- Cyber safety tips
- Bill of Rights
- Acts & Bills & Rules for Courts
- GG Notices
- Call for Public Comment
- Rules Board
- Legal Services Charter
- Rules and Practise Directions for various Courts
- Roll of Advocates
The Small Claims Court allows
you to institute minor civil claims
in a speedy, affordable and simple
manner without using an attorney. An amount not exceeding R 15 000 can be claimed.
If your claim exceeds R 15 000 in value, you can institute a claim for a lesser amount to pursue your case in the Small Claims Court.