Transparent, responsive and accountable justice services for all
- New Government Gazettes [22/10]
- Master: List of Records of Accounts [22/110]
- Update to the procedures for Service of Process [22/10]
- Rules Board: Proposed amendments to Rules 68, 69 & 70 [22/10]
- Upcoming radio interviews [22/10]
- Update to the Roll of appointed High Court Advocates [22/10]
- Address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at the Foundation for Human Rights’ Paralegal and Community Leader Training Course, Malmesbury [22/10]
- Keynote Address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at the AGM of the Black Lawyers Association [20/10]
- New vacancies/jobs [17/10]
See our latest updates on our RSS feed.
- Lodge a complaint
- Claim maintenance
- Apply for a domestic violence protection order
- Remove/expunge my criminal record
- What is bail?
- Institute proceedings in the equality court?
- What is the NRSO?
- What is restorative justice?
- What are sexual offence crimes?
- Cyber safety tips
- Bill of Rights
- Acts & Bills & Rules for Courts
- GG Notices
- Call for Public Comment
- Rules Board
- Legal Services Charter
- Rules and Practise Directions for various Courts
- Roll of Advocates
The Small Claims Court allows
you to institute minor civil claims
in a speedy, affordable and simple
manner without using an attorney. An amount not exceeding R 15 000 can be claimed.
If your claim exceeds R 15 000 in value, you can institute a claim for a lesser amount to pursue your case in the Small Claims Court.