Expungement of a Criminal Record in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act, 1977 (Act 51 of 1997)
Applications for expungement of criminal records in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act, 1977, are to be submitted to the Director General: Department of Justice and Constitutional Development as prescribed in Part I of the relevant application form. (Postal address: Director General: Dept of Justice and Constitutional Development, Private Bag X 81, Pretoria 0001. Physical address: Momentum Centre, 329 Pretorius Street, Pretoria.)
All applications received in this regard will be referred to the Office of the Chief Litigation Officer. Follow this link to view all available forms on this subject.
Enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact any of the following officials for more information:
- N Mhlaba – Tel: (012) 315 1388
- E Shongwe – Tel: (012) 315 1601
- G Mashaba – Tel (012) 357 4654
- K Mtshweni – Tel (012) 357 4665
OFFICIALS WILL ONLY CONSULT WITH MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ON PRIOR ARRANGEMENT: PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
Expungement of a Criminal Record in terms of the Child Justice Act, 2008 (Act 75 of 2008)
87 Expungement of records of certain convictions and diversion orders
(1) (a) Where a court has convicted a child of an offence referred to in Schedule 1 or 2, the conviction and sentence in question fall away as a previous conviction and the criminal record of that child must, subject to subsections (2), (3) and (5), on the written application of the child, his or her parent, appropriate adult or guardian (hereafter referred to as the applicant), in the prescribed form, be expunged after a period of...read more
Form 13 (J763) - Application for Expungement of Records of Conviction and Sentence by the Director–General or Cabinet Member - Sections 87(1) and 87(3) of the Child Justice Act, 2008 (Act No. 75 of 2008), Regulations relating to Child Justice [Regulation 49]
Applications for expungement of diversions in terms of the Child Justice Act, 2008 (Act No 75 of 2008), should be submitted to the Department of Social Development.
For further information please contact:
Ms Conny Nxumalo
Chief Director: Families and Social Crime Prevention, Tel: 012 312 7686
Mr Steven Maselesele
Director for Social Crime Prevention, Tel: 012 312 7065
Email : email@example.com