Transparent, responsive and accountable justice services for all
- New Tender/Bid: RFB 2014/05 [01/8]
- Call for public comment: Draft Small Claims Courts Amendment Bill [31/7]
- New Supplier Database Registration form [31/7]
- Update to the roll of appointed High Court advocates [30/7]
- NCOP Budget Vote Speech by the Deputy Minister [30/7]
- NCOP Budget Vote Speech by the Minister [29/7]
- List of bids received for RFB2014/03 [29/7]
- Upcoming radio interviews [29/7]
- Call for public comment: Criminal capacity evaluations in terms of the Child Justice Act [29/7]
- Deputy Minister Jeffery calls on communities to work with government to fight sexual violence [29/7]
- Keynote address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at the Sexual Offences Indaba [28/7]
- New Tender/Bid: RFB 2014/04 [25/7]
- JHB Magistrate's Court: Motion & Trial Court Roll [25/7]
See our latest updates on our RSS feed.
- Lodge a complaint
- Claim maintenance
- Apply for a domestic violence protection order
- Remove/expunge my criminal record
- What is bail?
- Institute proceedings in the equality court?
- What is the NRSO?
- What is restorative justice?
- What are sexual offence crimes?
- Cyber safety tips
- Bill of Rights
- Acts & Bills & Rules for Courts
- GG Notices
- Call for Public Comment
- Rules Board
- Legal Services Charter
- Rules and Practise Directions for various Courts
- Roll of Advocates
The Small Claims Court allows
you to institute minor civil claims
in a speedy, affordable and simple
manner without using an attorney. An amount not exceeding R 15 000 can be claimed.
If your claim exceeds R 15 000 in value, you can institute a claim for a lesser amount to pursue your case in the Small Claims Court.