Transparent, responsive and accountable justice services for all
- New Tender: RFB 2015/01 [20 Apr]
- Upcoming radio interviews [20 Apr]
- Upcoming radio interviews [17 Apr]
- New vacancies/jobs [17 Apr]
- Upcoming radio interviews [16 Apr]
- Master: Updated list of Records of Accounts [15 Apr]
- Master: Insolvency Dashboards Updates [15 Apr]
- LGBTI task team outlines progress made since its inception [15 Apr]
- Address by Deputy Minister Jeffery on the Implementation of the United Nations Principles and Guidelines on Access to Legal Aid in Criminal Justice System [15 Apr]
See our latest updates on our RSS feed.
- Find a court in a proclaimed Magisterial District?
- Lodge a complaint
- Claim maintenance
- Apply for a domestic violence protection order
- Remove/expunge my criminal record
- What is bail?
- Institute proceedings in the equality court?
- What is the NRSO?
- What is restorative justice?
- What are sexual offence crimes?
- Cyber safety tips
- Find info on LGBTI issues
- Bill of Rights
- Acts & Bills & Fact sheets
- GG Notices
- Call for Public Comment
- Rules Board
- Legal Services Charter
- Rules and Practise Directions for various Courts
- Roll of Advocates
The Small Claims Court allows you to institute minor civil claims in a speedy, affordable and simple manner without using an attorney. An amount not exceeding R 15 000 can be claimed.
If your claim exceeds R 15 000 in value, you can institute a claim for a lesser amount to pursue your case in the Small Claims Court.
Anyone, except juristic persons such as Companies, Close Corporations and Associations, may institute a claim.
With the exception of the State, a claim may be instituted against anyone, including Companies, Close Corporations and Associations.More
- Domestic Violence
- Commissioners of Oaths
- Assistance to TRC Victims