Transparent, responsive and accountable justice services for all
- New Tender/Bids: RFB 2014/07 & RFB2014/08 [21/11]
- Upcoming radio interviews [21/11]
- Updated list of Records of Accounts for Estates [19/11]
- Upcoming radio interviews [19/11]
- Keynote Address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at the 5th AGM of the Supervisory Board of the FHR [17/11]
- Keynote address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at a Gala Dinner to recognise the voluntary services of Small Claims Court Commissioners [17/11]
- New vacancies/jobs [17/11]
- Address by Deputy Minister Jeffery at the launch of the Khayelitsha Small Claims Court [14/11]
- New forms: Assistance to TRC Victims [14/11]
- Deputy Minister John Jeffery officially launches Khayelitsha Small Claims Court [14/11]
- Update to the Roll of appointed High Court Advocates [11/11]
- Regulations to provide education assistance to TRC-identified victims [11/11]
See our latest updates on our RSS feed.
- Lodge a complaint
- Claim maintenance
- Apply for a domestic violence protection order
- Remove/expunge my criminal record
- What is bail?
- Institute proceedings in the equality court?
- What is the NRSO?
- What is restorative justice?
- What are sexual offence crimes?
- Cyber safety tips
- Bill of Rights
- Acts & Bills & Rules for Courts
- GG Notices
- Call for Public Comment
- Rules Board
- Legal Services Charter
- Rules and Practise Directions for various Courts
- Roll of Advocates
The Small Claims Court allows
you to institute minor civil claims
in a speedy, affordable and simple
manner without using an attorney. An amount not exceeding R 15 000 can be claimed.
If your claim exceeds R 15 000 in value, you can institute a claim for a lesser amount to pursue your case in the Small Claims Court.
- Domestic Violence
- Commissioners of Oaths
- Assistance to TRC Victims