Transparent, responsive and accountable justice services for all
- Tribute by Deputy Minister Jeffery on the passing of Dr Mario Oriani-Ambrosini [20/8]
- Court proceedings back to normal after the unfortunate shooting [19/8]
- Master: List of Records of Accounts [18/8]
- New vacancies/jobs [18/8]
- Speech by the Minister at the handover and reburial of the remains of former MK soldier S Lesimola [18/8]
- JHB Magistrate's Court: Sec86 & Motion Court Roll [18/8]
- Revised maps & point-to-point descriptions for GP & NW [15/8]
- Speech by Minister Masutha at the launch Sexual Offences Court in Bethlehem [15/8]
See our latest updates on our RSS feed.
- Lodge a complaint
- Claim maintenance
- Apply for a domestic violence protection order
- Remove/expunge my criminal record
- What is bail?
- Institute proceedings in the equality court?
- What is the NRSO?
- What is restorative justice?
- What are sexual offence crimes?
- Cyber safety tips
- Bill of Rights
- Acts & Bills & Rules for Courts
- GG Notices
- Call for Public Comment
- Rules Board
- Legal Services Charter
- Rules and Practise Directions for various Courts
- Roll of Advocates
The Small Claims Court allows
you to institute minor civil claims
in a speedy, affordable and simple
manner without using an attorney. An amount not exceeding R 15 000 can be claimed.
If your claim exceeds R 15 000 in value, you can institute a claim for a lesser amount to pursue your case in the Small Claims Court.